What is Integral Powertrain?
Combining in-depth powertrain expertise with a proven track record, Integral Powertrain undertakes key design and development projects supporting OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in delivering competitive products to market
Integral Powertrain’s Emissions & Driveline Test Facility is an independent testing facility capable of providing certified emissions testing for passenger cars to light commercial vehicles.
A recent multi-million pound investment in the Milton Keynes facilities means we now have a compliant vehicle emissions testing facility, based around state of the art Horiba equipment, featuring a high power 4WD dynamometer, the latest emissions analysers, integrated STARS test automation, and a truly unique cold climate control system.
A flexible but professional approach to testing allows our experienced engineers to cover any client testing requirements; from cold climatic RDE development to high speed performance runs, and emissions and fuel economy testing from all global regions.
With 2 vehicle test cells, ambient (temperature controlled soak space for up to 6 vehicles -23° +/- 3°), and cold vehicle soak storage for up to 3 cars (down to -30°C), private customer offices, vehicle workshop and access to Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS), Integral Powertrain can cater for a wide range of client testing requirements.
These facilities enable test and development activities in controlled, repeatable conditions without the costs, inconvenience and uncertainties of “on-road” testing.
Key features include:
- Vehicle emissions (legislative and development)
- Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP)
- Federal 40 CFR Part 1066
- Fuel consumption
- Vehicle and powertrain control system development
- OBD and calibration development
- Performance work
- Climatic testing
- Real Driving Emissions (RDE) testing
- Each test chamber can run tests independently with gasoline or diesel exhaust systems
- Facilities are available for part or full project and turn-key work
Integral Powertrain has an extensive range of vehicle exhaust emissions testing knowledge and capability developed over decades of emissions testing experience. Our upgraded vehicle exhaust emissions testing capability includes:
- Horiba MEXA ONE Pre-Cat (engine out), Tailpipe and Dilute analysers
- CO, CO2, NO, NOx, THC, CH4, O2
- Dual raw lines allow true catalyst-efficiency analysis
- Full heated dilution tunnel meeting WLTP and 1066 standards
- 12 Bag (4 Phase) heated CVS exhaust gas dilution system up to 30m3
- Horiba DLS & heated filters for Particle Matter (PM) mass calculations
- Horiba Solid Particle Counting System (SPCS) for Particle Number (PN) measurements
- Fourier Transform Infra-Red technology (FTIR) multi-component gas analysers for non-regulated species
- Horiba STARS test automation system
Our Emissions and Driveline Test Facility (EDTF) delivers:
- The latest generation Horiba VULCAN II XtraCold Four-wheel-drive dynamometer with 48″ diameter rollers
- At the wheel vehicle performance measurement capability of up to 350kW continuous power (520kW in overload)
- Provides a wide simulated inertia range 450 – 4370Kg @ 3.76m/s²
- The 4WD rolls includes a traversing rear roller which can be pre-set to suit the vehicle’s wheelbase – extendable wheelbase range from 1.8 – 3.4m
- Maximum axle load of 2500Kg
- Achieves a maximum speed of 250 Km/h
- Dynamic gradient simulation
- Speed tracking fan
- 0-140 Kph tracking capability
- Meets Euro and Federal requirements
- Braking resistor to track vehicle speed accurately
Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Testing
Rapid development and growth in electrification technologies combined with the accelerated adoption of these technologies has led to an increase in the demand for EV powertrain testing, whether that be a Full Battery Electric (BEV), Plug-in-Hybrid (PHEV), Hybrid or Mild-Hybrid variants.
Integral Powertrain’s recently upgraded vehicle emissions & driveline test facility provides testing, evaluation and certification of electric vehicles whether that be at component/subsystem level or full system, we can assist you to determine which standards apply to your vehicle and develop a custom testing plan to help you reach your intended markets.
For a more detailed test programme, precisely matched to your requirements, please contact our Team.
What can we do for you?
If you want to learn more, have an enquiry or are generally interested, get in touch today!
Latest White paper
Download our latest white paper, article or presentation for free and subscribe to stay updated.