2018 has been a landmark year for Integral Powertrain. It has been 20 years since our current four Directors left Cosworth to set up their own business and a lot has changed; not just for them but the company and the industry.
Electrification and autonomous vehicles have been dominating the automotive news for the past few years, and are set to gather speed as regulatory and industry challenges are confronted. The powertrain agenda has changed in the past decade and e-Drive systems will continue to evolve over the next decade. The speed of shift towards EV’s is unknown, however Integral e-Drive is supporting this migration with its premium e-drives and continues to invest in R&D, facilities and people to maintain technical leadership.
2018 has been a landmark year for Integral Powertrain. It has been 20 years since our current four Directors left Cosworth to set up their own business and a lot has changed, not just for them but the company and the industry.
We have been fortunate to work with some amazing companies and engineer products that will truly inspire. We have continued to share our thoughts and insights on the future of motorsport and the future direction of e-Drive technology as well as invest in the future of the company with its new facilities and branding. A few of this year’s highlights are below and all our news can be read here.
- Supplied the electric motors and inverters that powered the Volkswagen I.D. R race car to three records.
- Collaborating with Aston Martin Lagonda and their powertrain partner to supply the electric motors for the marques first ever electric vehicle; the Rapide E.
- Partnered with McLaren Applied Technologies and Hewland Engineering to develop the award winning, innovative e-Axle for automotive and motorsport applications.
- Exhibited a four major industry shows and delivered thought leadership presentations to many more.
- Awarded the Dewar Trophy by the Royal Automobile Club for the development of the integrated electric motors and inverters which powered the 2018 Pikes Peak winning car. The same development also resulted in being awarded Race Powertrain of the Year by RaceTech Magazine and the Professional Motorsport WORLD EXPO’sMotorsport Technology of the Year
- Announced investment in a new Technical Centre and a major upgrade to our Emissions and Driveline Test Facility in Milton Keynes.
2019 will bring a new set of challenges and mountains to climb, however Integral Powertrain are well placed to meet them head-on and continue to “turn ideas into reality”.
As 2018 draws to a close we would like to thank all our staff, customers, suppliers and their families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Back to Communication